Xbox One February System Update – What’s new?,
Microsoft continue to deliver on there promise, Microsoft are still listening to the community and creating the Console fans want, this February is no different.
Here are the changes you will see in the Xbox One February System update:
- Controller improvements – We’re excited to improve stability and speed on the Xbox One controller in the following ways:
- Quick Connect – Previously, controller connections to Xbox One took approximately four-to-five seconds when powering on a controller. Now, it will only take about two seconds.
- Stability improvements – The update also provides a number of fixes that address some of the controller disconnect issues reported by Xbox One owners.
To download the update, connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller. Connect to Xbox Live. Press theMenu. Go to Settings > Devices & accessories and select the controller. If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate. Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen. When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page. Reselect the controller. The Firmware version should now be: 1.2.2236.0
- Game hubs – These are the go-to centers for interesting content, tips and tricks for your favorite titles. Every Xbox One game will have a game hub where you can see which friends are playing the game, compete with your friends in game leaderboards, dive into the coolest game clips and game broadcasts, and follow the game’s top broadcasters and clip creators.
To get to the game hub for your favorite game, find a game in your pins, recently played list, or My games and apps, then press the Menu button and select View game hub. You can also search for any game in the Xbox Store and click on the Game Hub tile from the game’s store page.
On the game’s activity feed, game developers can share interesting content with anyone who follows the game. You’ll be the first to get news on upcoming updates and DLC, featured game clips and trailers, behind the scenes content and more. All the news about your favorite games is delivered right to your console. Additionally, you can now choose to Follow a game from a game hub, which will incorporate the game’s activity feed content into your activity feed.
- Party chat updates – We made several changes to party chat in recent weeks, including:
- Chat connection status – New icons have been added to let you know the current status of a chat connection in your party. A Clock icon means the connection is being made. A Squawker Ring icon indicates the connection was successful, and actively shows who is speaking. An X icon means that networking limitations (such as a Strict NAT) are preventing the chat connection from completing for specific participants.
- Improved connectivity between multiple participants with Strict or Moderate NATs – We also made some connectivity improvements to party chat in partial mesh situations when multiple participants are behind moderate or strict NATs with their home gateways/routers.
- Game and party invitations – To help you more quickly know who is inviting you to what, we made improvements to game and party invitations. Now, you can see which of your friends is inviting you and what party or game the invite is for, without having to wait for the text to scroll on the notification.
- Performance improvements – We also decreased the time it takes to set up person-to-person (P2P) connectivity for party chat and streamlined the retry logic for setting up party chat sessions.
- Custom backgrounds and tile transparency – We’ve added tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible. As a reminder, to set a custom background, go to Settings > My Xbox > My background. Note: some items can’t be made transparent due to usage rights/restrictions for certain images.
- TV updates – A number of updates to the live TV experience are available today and new features have been added to additional countries including:
- TV trending in OneGuide – As you scan the OneGuide TV listings, you can see which shows are trending with a “Trending on Xbox” or “Trending on Twitter” note and icon within the details for each show. Currently, Xbox TV trending is available to all Xbox One owners in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada, and Twitter trending is available in the United States.
- Live TV trending (new countries) – France, Germany, Brazil and Mexico now have the ability to see live TV trending data in Xbox OneGuide.
- Improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers – Xbox One works even better with more devices. Updates to the IR blasting database for new models have been added and address issues reported by our fan community.
- “Trick play” with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners in supported countries (United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) are now able to see video frames when fast-forwarding or rewinding paused TV on Xbox One consoles.
- Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android – Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android devices for Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners has been added in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- OneGuide for the Netherlands – Support for OneGuide is being added for Xbox Live members in the Netherlands.
Some of the new content will require you to have Xbox Live gold membership, if you don’t have a Gold account you can get your hands on free 12 month Xbox live Gold membership just check out the Free Xbox live page to find out how.
November Update set to Make Xbox One that much Better.
It’s apparent that in recent months Microsoft has turned the Xbox One into a really great console, not just for gaming but for entertainment aswell. Microsoft have really started to take on board what their loyal customers want, and the November Update is another great example of that.
What to Expect in the Xbox One November Update.
Custom Dashboard backgrounds are finally here. With the November Update you will be able to have the chance to have your very own custom Dashboard background. This was the most requested thing in the November Update, and when the update rolls out next month you will be able to choose a custom colour or achievement art as your background on Xbox One, and more customization options are coming in future system updates.
Gamer profile improvements, Showing off your greatest gaming clips to your mates is always cool, but now thanks to the November update you will be able to share upto 6 of your favorite gaming moments onto your profile. This means ever time somebody clicks on your profile they will be able to see up to 6 of you best clips in a carousel format, no better way to let somebody know that you are a sick sniper on COD or a super skillful Fifa player.
Live TV Trending, This part of the November update will only be avialable to people in the US, Canada and the UK. A new tab will be available in the Oneguide, the tab will give you information on top 20 most watch shows at anytime( the list is updated every minute) not only will it give you a list of the currently most watch shows it will also filter to show only the things that are available for you to watch. As part of the Live TV Trending, you will now be able to access Twitter though the Miniguide to keep upto date on what people are talking about in any live show, you will also be able to jump straight into the convo.
That is just a few of what I think are the best new updates coming to the Xbox One this November, however, expect much more. Check out the video below, so you can see for youself just what you can expect in this latest Xbox One update.
Xbox Live gold members will once again benifit from the great range on new updates in November and that makes it the perfect time to take the plunge and go Gold if you haven’t already. If the fact that you have to pay for Xbox Live gold membership bothers you then you will be pleased to know that you can get yourself 12 Months Xbox Live gold Membership for Free, see the page Free Xbox Live for more information.
Microsoft today have released a new Dashboard update for us Xbox One users. The update will roll out throughout the day around the world. This is the first Update we have had for the Xbox One and it seems that Microsoft is really starting to take its customers seriously as the update has addressed many of the things users around the world have been asking for.
One of the main things you will notice with this update is the new icon that sits next to the clock at the bottom of the dashboard (see image below)
The Battery life Icon most will argue is a feature that should have come with the release of the console itself. There is nothing worst than leading the way in a race on forza online when you controller decides to die and you have to quickly get the plug and play out. Hopefully the new icon will save me and others many frustrating moments.
Some of the other things that are coming with the new update include:
- The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.
- And, you will be able to use your Xbox One. with your
The fact that you can now connect a Keyboard to the Xbox One via USB is a very cool new feature especially if like me you are thinking ahead to the Elder scrolls online and how much easier it will be to play via a keyboard instead of a Xbox One controller. It will also be interesting to see if the ability to use a mouse will become available at some point aswell.
So Microsoft is finally starting to listen and slowly put surely they are giving us what we want, and guess what for once Microsoft have out done themselves, because with the latest update Microsoft have confirmed that the next update will be less that a month away (march 4th) The update that has been titled “Countdown to Titanfall” a spokesmen from Microsoft said this –
On March 4, in advance of what is expected to be the biggest game launch of the year, we will be delivering another system update to prepare yourfor “Titanfall.” This update will contain many new features and improvements, most significantly to our party and multiplayer systems. Available on March 11, “Titanfall” is a team-based online multiplayer game that showcases the power of , and we will be shipping a new party and multiplayer system that will help make “Titanfall” the must-have game for this generation.